Friday, 11 August 2017

Ibiza & 23rd Birthday Wishlist 2017 + What I've Been Doing To Lose Weight

Being a blogger, as some of you may know, requires an eye for detail, and that means staying on top of everything that's hot, and everything that's not. Sometimes it can be a pain in the ass, and sometimes it can be more rewarding than anything you've ever known. Blogging comes almost as an expected hobby for stay at home mums now. I should know, I've been on the blog since 2012. Which is why I'm a little disappointed with myself for falling out of touch for such a lengthy period of time. If you blog yourself, you will know that rebranding your personal space on the internet is one of the most painful tasks to carry out. I honestly think that if I hadn't tried to rebrand myself so much, I would not have let my wonderful "page on the screen", as my granny used to call it, get into the dormant state that it is in. This ends here. Today, with a little motivation from a much needed holiday coming up in two weeks, I have decided to get back on the blog. *Applauds*

In just two weeks, I get the privilege to spend my 23rd BDAYYY in the tropical paradise that is Ibiza. Yep, that's right. We land on my birthday for seven fun filled days of pure sunshine and techno. I am beyond excited for this and I promise not to let it end up anything like my holiday last year - we were robbed stupid, ugh!


Ibiza Wishlist 2017


This is probably the nicest wishlist I've ever made. It basically sums up how I'd love to look on my holiday. With only two weeks to go, I doubt I'll land half of the items I'd like to depart with, but I will find some no doubt. How annoying is it that autumn/winter stock is already on the racks? I mean, no more swimsuits?! Come on high street, some of us holiday right up until October. But whatevs.

So, what have I done to lose weight? Before you go wondering where my before and after pictures are, you aren't getting any. I honestly don't want to become obsessed with finding the insta-ready figure and falling victim to the scales. So, there will be no updates on how much I've lost, just a few tips on what I've been at (and they've been working!).

I've given up my pain medication. 
While this may not seem like much, pain relief can be a major culprit in weight gain. I've only given them up about 2 weeks now, and I can already see the acceleration of my efforts taking place. I'm starting to wonder if I'm actually better off without now. TBC.

I've started drinking hot boiled water.
At least 3-4 times a day. They say you should drink 8, but that depends on how much you weigh. The recommended daily intake for water depends on you as a person. Hot boiled water is known to have an effect on the speed of weight loss and also helps circulation along with other handy benefits such as helping heartburn and cleaning the body.

I've changed my posture.
Yep that's right. I've started sitting up straight which is said to help you burn more calories, especially if you are an office kinda gal. Also, stop crossing your legs! It puts a strain on your circulation. Let your body breathe, girl.

I've changed my diet.
Jamie & I are fans of a good old takeaway more often than enough. Q. And our favourite? A. Chinese. Which is LOADED with fat. These past few weeks (with the odd slip-up, obvs) I've been pretty decent at avoiding websites like Just Eat and Hungry House.

My diet consists of wholegrain rice, eggs, salmon, peas, a little bit of salt and a little bit of pepper. It's pretty basic. I've cut down to 1000 calories a day. Some days I'm guilty of even less and I don't recommend this strategy for longer periods of time or your body will begin to cry out for nutrients, which it so deserves. The only reason I ever eat less is that I've been too lazy to go to the shop! 

So, with the best interest of my body in mind, I've decided to go ahead and get myself a multivitamin. Centrum is by far the best one that I know of, however, I would have liked to have gone for Pregnacare, as it's well-known to help your hair and fingernails grow faster. 

And lets not forget about the 3-4 cups of tea. Note: I don't drink tea after 6 o'clock!
SHARE:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Want Mail?

© Erinbells . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig